Welcome!

Welcome and thanks for stopping by.
My reference links will open in a new tab.

If you have any corrections, suggestions, comments please use the Comments at the end of the post.
I do respond to all comments. - Thanks!

August 03, 2019

Some Doings in Dayton

With the good weather I found the time to wash the RV.  I was able to clean off most of the bugs, road grime and dirt.  I use Sprayway foam to clean the windows.

It really is streakless! For a quick wax I suspect all the show-n-shine spray wax is similar.  This trip I have a squirt bottle of Meguiar’s Quik Wax.

I replaced the 19” Jensen 12v DC TV with a 32” Visio 120v AC TV.  This required the use of a small inverter to power the TV.  The fan on the generic inverter was noisy, eventually becoming a distraction.  I replaced it with a 150 Watt Bestek.  It also has a fan, but is much quieter.


The AC unit in the Mercedes Sprinter is not charged by pressure but by volume.  For my 2008 chassis 1.6 lbs is the correct amount. 

Although Fran thinks I keep the cab too cold, I could tell the AC was not as effective as it could be. Bigger Road Automotive was the 3rd place I called and the 1st that had the correct equipment and provided the correct 1.6 lbs over the phone. 

They measured it a 0.8 lbs and added the correct refrigerant.  Hope to be nice and chilly as we cross the HOT desert southwest.

Massive fail on the microwave project.  We normally take the heavy glass turntable out of the combination oven when traveling.  Otherwise a bumpy road, like the one into Many Glacier, can break the shaft to the motor as the glass turntable bounces.

 My trusty JB Weld failed me this time and the shaft broke again, just while testing with a bowl of soup.  I heard the ‘snap’. ARG!

This will get additional attention when we return home.

Speaking of home, with a few nice days in a row, we tackled a couple small tasks around the Dayton house. While I cleaned the gutters

Fran repainted the porch fencing a dark gray.  A couple years ago I had painted it white.

But it wasn’t all catch up chores.  We carried this golf net from San Diego just for this moment.

After losing a couple balls into the neighbor’s yard, it’s again packed up to be carried back to San Diego  : )

Each evening we relax on the front porch with a glass of wine.  While admiring the gray fence I'd bet we've seen more bunnies than squirrels this year.

It’s certainly not all chores, we’re having No Bad Days and some really great ones. 
Next up some of the fun things.

Today’s Ohio Fun Fact:
In 1969 the  Cuyahoga River in Cleveland OH caught fire, giving rise to the Environmental Protection Act. 

What’s interesting is this is the 13th time, since 1868, that the Cuyahoga River has caught fire.  This 1969 fire was so small, and short lived, there is not a single picture of it known to exist. 

Pictures published in National Geographic’ cover story  are from the much larger 1952 and 1948 fires.

Ah the power of the media, in just 6 months the EPA was formed.
ref:  http://www.ohiohistorycentral.org/w/Cuyahoga_River_Fire

4 comments:

  1. Nice to get things taken care of cleaning , waxing, painting and a new quiet inverter for the TV and colder air conditioning. Interesting stories about the burning river.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After the first half-dozen or so time I'm a bit surprised Cleveland didn't take some action on it's own.

      Delete
  2. Dang, you two are ambitious. My honey do list just keeps getting longer. Nice to know there's some fun times coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does that our trips to the old homestead do result in various Round ToIts that do need to be done.

      Delete

I welcome any corrections, additions and more links that tie in to this post. Please place them in your comments. Your comments are always appreciated! and I will reply to all comments.